Check out our Events Calendar to see upcoming class dates, and to pre-register online!
The practice of HypnoBirthing®, supports families to birth their babies gently and easily with calmness and love, generating the foundational security of feeling welcomed and loved throughout life. For mothers, this calm confident way of opening and breathing a baby into the world brings deep, core empowerment. For birth partners and fathers, active participation creates the greatest, loving bond that begins before birth and lasts for a lifetime.
HypnoBirthing® The Mongan Method is a simple, straightforward program, thoughtfully developed over the years by Marie Mongan, to remind mothers of the simplicity of birth itself. Three Sisters Midwives Rhione Zeixchel and Jae Rowan were trained in HypnoBirthing® by Marie Mongan in 2001, and are affiliated through the HypnoBirthing® Institute.
They have been working to help women in natural birth for over 30 years now and HypnoBirthing® is THE MOST EFFECTIVE philosophy and technique for childbirth preparation that they have ever encountered.
HypnoBirthing® moms are more conscious, more alert, and more aware during childbirth. They are deeply focused within, but they are NOT in some kind of far-away trance state, or out of the body state. It is very common for a HypnoBirthing® mom to tell her Midwife when she knows her waters are about to release, or that she knows and feels her baby moving down. Deep Calm Relaxing and less “drama” = more PRESENCE. The Focus is with baby.
Here is a LINK TO A VIDEO MONTAGE of parents talking about what HypnoBirthing means to them, how it shaped their birth experiences, including a labor and birth scene!
You can check out our Events Calendar to see which dates will work for you. Come to as many class series as you like during your pregnancy. We recommend starting early and INFUSING yourself with deep relaxation. For more information and to pre-register, please Contact Us.
Hypnobirthing® is not about:
- Being hypnotized to be out of body, or to escape anything
- Being in an erie trance state
- Being out of control or controlled by someone else
- Doing something to cover over or escape from the pain
- Learning a bunch of “techniques” to try in labor if you want to
- Where you birth. (Rather it is for ALL birth places, and for land or waterbirths).
Hypnobirthing® is about:
- Understanding how the body works in labor and birth
- Understanding the body-mind connection of labor and birth
- Understanding what gets in the way of birthing easily and naturally and gently
- Understanding how to release fears and obstacles to birthing easily and gently
- Conditioning the body-mind for deep relaxation during labor and birth
- Learning how to breathe the baby down without hard pushing (better for mom and better for baby)
- Forging a deeper and deeper bond between parents and baby, prebirth and during birth and postpartum